PDA

View Full Version : Ask the experts.

ruvtfan
05/18/2011, 07:00 PM
I always enjoy reading all the educational and sometimes humorous information on this site as I am very new. There is so much information out there and much to learn I feel it is important that to come here to “ask the experts”. Then I began to wonder A. How do you know you are always getting information from the “experts” B. How do you know when you have achieved the “expert” level.
I know much comes with time/ patience but I have seen quite a few people who have been at their occupation for years but somehow still manage to be idiots about their occupation.
So I guess it comes down to how does one know who to listen to and when do you know to trust your own experience that you have become the "expert".

Fish food for thougth.

dzfish17
05/18/2011, 07:09 PM
Usually you'll get a bunch of answers that are similar... those are probably the most accurate. You will get a few responses that seem a little weird... those are the ones to ignore. Most of the time if someone gives out bad info they will be called out by the people with the good advice. Sometimes good advice is given but the person asking the question rejects it because they already know what they are going to do. I personally will only try to answer questions that I have experience with.

ruvtfan
05/18/2011, 07:17 PM
So in theory from what you are sayingdzfish17, you could be close to an expert when your answers to a question seems to be reflected or confirmed by multiple people in the forum? At this point you can be more confident in your skills?

moonp13
05/18/2011, 07:21 PM
you know youre an expert when you introduce your clown fish into the tank via hamster ball.

tkeracer619
05/18/2011, 07:23 PM
You don't. It is always best to follow up with some further research after your new found suggestions. Sometimes the weird replies are spot on but usually people call out bad advice.

ruvtfan
05/18/2011, 07:30 PM
you know youre an expert when you introduce your clown fish into the tank via hamster ball.

Love that thread. I would try it but just I can't seem to convenience my parrot to get out of the ball first.