PDA

View Full Version : It Quit Pull Gunk

peppie
05/22/2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure if it is something I changed or is my water that clean??
I run a HOB BH 1000 Reef Oct skimmer. I had to do a quick tank change due to a seam failure. I changed from a 90gal AIO to a glass 40gal breeder. The AIO had a coast to coast over flow that dumped into a chamber that the skimmer drew water from. It worked great.
When I set up the skimmer in the breeder I had to use the stock surface skimmer. It is about 1 1/2'' square. The skimmer has not skimmed anything since it has been in the breeder. (3 1/2) days.
I tried adjusting the cup yesterday. Still nothing.

ANY IDEAS

tkeracer619
05/22/2011, 09:46 PM
Probably surface oils from the new tank mixed with the tank being disturbed. Don't worry about it for a few more days.

peppie
05/22/2011, 09:55 PM
I thought about that. I gave the breeder a quick water/vinig. bath . Maybe I should have soaked it longer.
My livestock looks great.
Thanks Racer

PS what did you race?

tkeracer619
05/22/2011, 10:10 PM
retired from endurance quads. I got mangled in an accident during a practice session and after all the physical therapy decided roll cages were required. Currently have a 400bhp Acura Integra and am in planning stages of a pikes peak car.

peppie
05/22/2011, 10:30 PM
That is a spendy hobby. Our son raced quarter midgets for 9 years then moved up to ledgends and ran them for 3 yrs. He is now in collage and no longer races. I really miss it. My wallet does not.
Good luck on your PP car. That has got to be ONE HAIRY DRIVE to the top.