PDA

View Full Version : Anemone in distress....

Morpheus77
05/24/2011, 06:53 PM
I have a condy I bought about a month or so ago. Once I put him in the tank, he stayed in his spot from day one, that is up until today. I came home a little while ago, and new something wasn't right. The tank sits in my dining room, and it was making a funny noise in which I heard as soon as I walked into the door. It's out of sight from the front door, so I had to round the corner, and my condy was stuck to my inlet pipe on my skimmer. Skimmer was not working at this point. My first thought was "crap, I hope my skimmer didn't burn up!" Paid $130 for that thing!! I know my first thought should have been on my condy, so forgive me! Unplugged the skimmer, got my net and slowly pulled him back, and surprisingly it didn't take much to get him out. Put him in new spot in the tank, and hope for the best. He's all shriveled up right now, but it appears that none of the tentacles have been ripped from his body. Anyone else have this happen? I'm hoping he's gonna pull through. I've had condy's in the past, and I know they like to move around a lot, but this is a first!!

bradleym
05/24/2011, 10:29 PM
Condy anemones are pretty darn hardy. If it didn't lose a huge chunk it should be just fine as long as you keep your water clean.

HeavyWater
05/25/2011, 06:04 AM
Does iodine... this will help the nem heal.

sjwitt
05/25/2011, 06:09 AM
I would only dose iodine if you test for iodine. Over dosing can cause more harm than good.

Condys are very resilient. He's going to sulk for a while, mine has gone days sulking... keep an eye on him, you'll know if he's doing better or worse.

Morpheus77
05/25/2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the replies, within 12 hours he was fully opened back up, noticed a few indentations in some of his tentacles, but other than that, he seems fine! Likes his new spot too! See how long that lasts!!! Thanks again.

T.

sjwitt
05/26/2011, 01:28 PM
Good to hear.

Jamie1210
05/26/2011, 04:54 PM
Are u sure it's a condy? $130 for it seems very steep, because they're usually only 10 dollars or less around here.

Morpheus77
05/26/2011, 07:28 PM
Ummmmm.......I'm positive! Its my skimmer that cost $130. Gonna let ya have that one for free!!! ;-)

T.