PDA

View Full Version : stocking limit question

nightfire
05/30/2011, 01:26 AM
so guys here is what i have in my 55g which will soon have a 29g tank as a sump/fuge....bout 10 of it will be the fuge area and i have a coralife super skimmer 220 which at some point i will upgrade to say maybe the ooctopus 4 which i think is rated for 100g or a bit more....anyways i have right now a mated pair of ocellaris clowns, 1 royal gramma and one firefish and was thinking of a banggai cardinal....i know that would be fine, but here is the kicker, like to add a two spot bristletooth tang or if i cant get a smaller one then a tomini (please no tang police) and a flame angel or a lemonpeel (i know i'd do that at the risk of my corals)....anyways how do ya guys think adding those 3 fish would do to my bioload......as of right now i only feed maybe 2 to 3 times a week.....all advice welcome, thanks :D

dzfish17
05/30/2011, 01:48 AM
The first 5 you listed are small so one bigger fish (tang) and one mediem size fish (flame) should work out ok. I dont see a problem with those 7 in a 55g tank. I would keep up with water changes or you may see a rise in nitrates.

snorvich
05/30/2011, 05:51 AM
I agree with Dave (who apparently never sleeps).

nightfire
05/30/2011, 09:54 PM
thanks guys im getting a few different thoughts on this....personally i dont think it would be too big a deal to have those fish in the tank...im bout to add more rock into the system also when i at the bigger sump....i was thinking that i'd add the cardinal in next and then later on the tang and see how things look and if it is ok then farther down the line the flame or lemonpeel......i'd love a manderine too,but i think that would be over board unless maybe i choose later on to trade one of the fish in for it

tqpolo
05/31/2011, 11:36 AM
I have 10 fish in my 50G. My skimmer is a Bubble Magus NAC6A and I also have a healthy fuge. My nitrate is now at 2.5 which had been at 0 for a almost a year. I feed 3-4 times a day. I really suggest you feed the fish more than 2-3 times a week. Since I started feeding small portion throughout the day I noticed my fish are happier and healthier.

nightfire
05/31/2011, 10:32 PM
i may bump up the feeding more when i get a better skimmer....this coralife isnt pulling much out

Ethan Music
05/31/2011, 11:13 PM
Only problem I see is the dwarf angel bulling the firefish. Im not totaly sure so don't blow out on me lol just an opinion. Probably won't happen and if it does might last a day not for sure just a suggestion. But after adding those fish your going to be for sure fully stocked.

nightfire
06/01/2011, 01:13 AM
yea i didnt realise how small the firefish was till i put it in the DT lol