PDA

View Full Version : Threepwood´s 110g re-build

ThreepwoodMD
05/30/2011, 09:07 PM
hi everyone, inspired and following a lot of great reef tanks over the years, and finally with the time and space to build my own reef tank. I might not be able to do great things as a lot of you have. But I certainly will do my best. My old tank has been running now for 5 years it is a 59" x 23" x 23, on a 39" stand. Sump with a aqua-c skimmer, a 900 gph return pump. I used to have 1500 gph pump, but it was a lame trademark they sell down here in Mexico, that without noticing it started to get rusted, and eventually it killed most of my lovely corals I used to have. That were a lot.
Anyways I got married moved to a new house, and after a few months of convincing I´m allowed to have my tank at home. So I will be moving it in the coming days.
But as most threads I would like to have suggestions on things to do right these time to have a better tank.
In the tank I have two 1400gph powerheads one is a Seio and the other is a Koralia, the return pump is a 900gph should I get another powerhead?, lightning I have 4 x T5s 2 actinics and 2 20000k white ones, and 3 150w HQI lamps, should I change my illumination or keep it as it is. I´m definitely adding reactors on the way wich ones should I get first?
Thank you everyone and I´ll be adding pictures on the days to come!!!