View Full Version : Niger Trigger and Stocking list problems

esine
05/31/2011, 12:18 AM
I have a 120 gallon tank. Four weeks ago the tank had:
Porcupine Puffer
Clown Grouper
Niger Trigger
Tesselata Eel

I swapped the eel for a clown trigger. I spent a pretty penny on the guy and he was healthy. I put him a tank with copper and some other meds. HE was eating great, healthy, and ich free. I drip acclimated him into my main tank. I left the next day for 3 days leaving the tank for my dad. Came home today he was fine. Left for 4 hours and he was dead. It looked like his eyes were eaten out and he had a bite mark on his pectoral fine. The only fish that in my mind could have done this was the niger trigger. However is the dead clowns eyes supposed to stay black when dead? The looked to have a light brown iris, They had always looked black when he was alive. My water parameters seem perfect.
Amm. 0
Nit. 0
Nitrate 0

This situation frustrates me. Do you guys think my trigger killed the clown or did his eyes lose the color on death? The rest of his body was still dark black and bright yellow and white. Also I wanted an attractive and active fish, what species would do good in my tank? I was thinking and angel or a tang.