PDA

View Full Version : zoas turned white?

Pani16
06/01/2011, 04:52 PM
What would cause zoas to turn white? Have three purple deaths when i returned from week long business trip they have become white. they still open and close just have no color to them. lights were programmed to come before i left. could it be too much lighting or no enough lighting... only running my daylight as my actinic went out water paramters are within normal temp is 76

schmnr
06/01/2011, 04:54 PM
I have never seen zoas bleach out, but I guess they can. What are your water parameters, what kind of lights and how old are the bulbs? Are all your other coral looking good?

Pani16
06/01/2011, 05:03 PM
others arent doing soo hott others are half open... parameters are being redone as i type
light is brand new under pc (biocube8)

Tenor
06/01/2011, 08:34 PM
Your problem is no actinic in your tank, Zoa is photosynthesis coral, if you don't have actinic they will loosing color

Pani16
06/03/2011, 09:22 AM
ahhhh so its better to have the actinic than the daylight? if thats the case i will switch them out till the new ballast arrives

Tenor
06/03/2011, 09:31 PM
ahhhh so its better to have the actinic than the daylight? if thats the case i will switch them out till the new ballast arrives

You must have both, actinic created photosythesis and coral consumed to color up, white light for growing.