PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake/Black Clownfish + Purple Tang

hermesfansf
06/01/2011, 07:05 PM
I just gotten a ORA Snowflake and Black Clownfish yesterday. They happen to be already paired up. The previous owner had them in a tank where i strongly believed there was parasite as his black spot tang showed a sign of ICH. I bought them anywhere coz the price was so unbeatable. Both clownfish are 2-2.5 inches I have a 3 inches purple tang at home that is going through the quarantine + copramine treatment period. Therefore, i decided to put these clownfish onto the quarantine tank together with the purple tang. So far, so good. However, I realize that when the light was turned on, the purple tang became very territorial and aggressive. The tang did attack both clownfish. As soon as i turned off the light, the purple tang was fine. I fed them this morning when the light was off, they were ok among each other.

Here is the question: Should i take out the clownfish or should i wait another week to at least let the ICH going away from their body? Should i just turn off the light throughout this treatment period?

kingfisherflesh
06/01/2011, 07:36 PM
QT tanks, even with PVC pipe in them are a brutal place.

I lost my chevron tang to a blue hippo tang in a QT a couple of months back...two of the most peaceful tangs IMO...I wouldnt risk it...purples can get jerky as soon as they start thinking that they are the king.

jbowen
06/01/2011, 07:40 PM
Do you have any hiding places for the clowns?

hermesfansf
06/03/2011, 04:02 AM
I put the PVC pipe and the black clown has been hiding inside it. I guess that would solve the problem. Both clown did eat a lot, so that is a good sign.