PDA

View Full Version : Ocean pulse duo

Bedroomgangsta
06/02/2011, 07:51 PM
2 koralia 4's in my 55dt is overkill, would an ocean pulse duo wavemaker perhaps do the job of eliminating such overkill when both the pumps are running continuously? I want flow from both directions but one on each side no matter what direction they are pointed in is almost destructive. Anyone have first hand experience with ocean pulse duo, and ocean pulse duo on koralias?
Any ideas would help!

Bedroomgangsta
06/02/2011, 09:03 PM
I am also wondering if the ocean pulse duo switches from pump 1 to pump 2 back and forth or turns them both off and then back on....

thegrun
06/02/2011, 10:09 PM
In the typical installation, it switches back and forth between two pumps which are usually placed on opposite sides of the tank simulate the water flow often found on reefs. You could plug both pumps into an y adapter and go with the both on both off configuration if you wanted, but INHO switching between the two is better.

Bedroomgangsta
06/03/2011, 09:34 AM
Yea essentially that it what i want is for it to switch back and forth and I just wanted to make sure. I think 10 second pulse's should be just fine, and for as cheap as it is I cant go wrong.