PDA

View Full Version : how do u get pink or purple tips on frogspawn

brob22
06/04/2011, 08:05 AM
my corals a glowing green but the tips are white. i was wonderin if adding vhos would help that

Lynnmw1208
06/04/2011, 08:24 AM
I think there are kinds with white tips and kinds with pink tips. I have seen many color variations of frogspawn. I have one pink with green tips as well.

your light could have something to do with it. a lot of people like more blue light in their tanks which bring out some of those colors.

brob22
06/04/2011, 08:38 AM
thanks for the response man

psteeleb
06/04/2011, 09:58 AM
I have a frogspawn that back when it was 2 heads I put one in my 29g and the other in my 110

the one in the 29g became light green with white heads and the one in the 110 has much richer colors; a much deeper green with purple tips. The one in the 110 now has over a dozen heads and the one that was in the 29 only has 2.

I have since moved the one from the 29g to the 110 and it's starting to morph it's color to look like the other one. From these moves I can conclude that water condidtions, feeding and or lighting will change the colors in a frogspawn. I'd be speculating on exactly what caused the changes.

the 29g has T5 lighting but mostly white spectrum
the 110 has RB LED.s and a mixture of T5, over all teh lights are more intense in the 110

I use the same salt mix and both tanks get a ~15- 20% water cahgne every 2 to 3 weeks

The 110 does have more robust water flow, skimming, dosing of kalc and use of a Ca reactor where on the 29g has a HOB skimmer and I never test or dose anything. Both tanks are very healthy with a robust bio diversity

The 110 gets fed pellets, cyclopsee and mysis where the 29 only gets pellets