PDA

View Full Version : Cadlights

amj991
06/04/2011, 08:31 AM
What does everyone think about cadlights tanks?

Thinking of getting one. wanted peoples input.

Thanks

MHG
06/04/2011, 08:37 AM
I have what I believe is a cadlight tank... The only two things I dont like is the 1/2 return hole in the glass... It is 1mm short of fitting a 3/4 bulkhead. I need to grind that out. I think they all have this...You can research this, but I think they all havethe 1/2 return (something like 32mm)

The other thing is the lack of attention to detain on the overflow. All the silicone joints are perfect on the tank but the overflow is crooked and silicone looks like it was put on with an oven mit. Granted you dont see this but I know its there...

collie man
06/04/2011, 10:04 AM
ive got the artisan cube and i love everything!!!!except.....the stand

it wobbles when to rub the glass to hard and shakes when people walk by. im ****ed that im stuck with it until i can make a metal one. idk if anyone else has these problems but i know its put together properly but the cam locks that come with the tank are so cheap its not even funny.

i would by it all over again if i had too but would brace my stand before getting wet.

MHG
06/04/2011, 11:37 AM
ive got the artisan cube and i love everything!!!!except.....the stand

it wobbles when to rub the glass to hard and shakes when people walk by. im ****ed that im stuck with it until i can make a metal one. idk if anyone else has these problems but i know its put together properly but the cam locks that come with the tank are so cheap its not even funny.

i would by it all over again if i had too but would brace my stand before getting wet.

I bought mine without the stand for that exact reason....

fishsuse29
06/04/2011, 11:47 AM
I had the 22g and loved it everything was great except the legs for the light were kind of flimy and wouldnt tilt like they are ment to

SPotter
06/04/2011, 12:02 PM
I have the 39 pro for a yr now. The tank is nice, i didn't use the stand and i have since swapped out all of the equipment. IMO, i think you would be better off peacing together a system it will be a lot cheaper. For what I've spent on the hardware for the tank I couldve bought a much larger tank.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk