PDA

View Full Version : Bloated red spot on my yellow wrasse

Chernobyl
06/04/2011, 11:22 AM
Im at a loss for what this is. any help?
Heres a youtube link for a short video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUGyVP0-Kg4

I'm at a loss for what that is. SO HAPPY I QT everything wet.

b0bab0ey
06/04/2011, 10:16 PM
Kind of looks like it could be a bruise or internal bleeding of some sort. If it were me, I'd keep him in QT by himself and just observe for now. Don't see what else you can do.

Chernobyl
06/05/2011, 11:36 AM
Its gotten a little bigger. Should I euthanize at this point?

MrTuskfish
06/05/2011, 12:10 PM
Its gotten a little bigger. Should I euthanize at this point?

The fact that the spot is on both sides really does suggest internal bleeding. As to euthanizing; here's an answer that I don't think I've ever seen: That decision may depend on when your guarantee runs out.
If you got this fish from LA, or a similar reputable dealer, I'm sure they would extend the guarantee if you want to keep him and see what happens. Obviously, if he's getting worse and at death's door; it may be time for a trip in the porcelain hearse. After getting the OK from the dealer with the guarantee.

Chernobyl
06/05/2011, 12:28 PM
Sadly my LFS is an "all sales final" sort of joint. I think ill be ordering from live aquaria in the future.

The fact that the spot is on both sides really does suggest internal bleeding. As to euthanizing; here's an answer that I don't think I've ever seen: That decision may depend on when your guarantee runs out.
If you got this fish from LA, or a similar reputable dealer, I'm sure they would extend the guarantee if you want to keep him and see what happens. Obviously, if he's getting worse and at death's door; it may be time for a trip in the porcelain hearse. After getting the OK from the dealer with the guarantee.

Lynnmw1208
06/05/2011, 04:04 PM
could be bacterial could be uronema marina which is commonly mistaken for a bacterial disease. do a dip in quick cure or furan 2 maybe

MrTuskfish
06/05/2011, 04:57 PM
could be bacterial could be uronema marina which is commonly mistaken for a bacterial disease. do a dip in quick cure or furan 2 maybe

Possible, but this whatever shows up on both sides of the fish. Furan 2 is a good and very versatile antibiotic and anything is worth a shot. the wrasse looks like he was pinched , somehow.

Chernobyl
06/05/2011, 07:50 PM
Euthanized today, the spot was growing practically by the hour. sliced it open afterwards, fish was brown through and through.