PDA

View Full Version : My first good Nikon pic...

JokerGirl
06/04/2011, 04:17 PM
I shoot Canon. Work uses Nikon. We had some goof-off time last week while I was shooting some girl's board shorts for the site.

My co-worker ran in front of my cam, and I snapped this pic for her. Her Mom knitted and sent her that hat. I didn't think it turned out too shabby for what it's worth.

http://jokergirl.smugmug.com/Other/Anything-goes/i-GF3R5sh/0/L/2023086715-Edit-L.jpg

Misled
06/04/2011, 05:20 PM
I didn't think it turned out too shabby for what it's worth.

Just what are you trying to say???? :lol: First there's a little sensor dust in the upper right hand corner. All in all a really good pic. A little bright to the front but I love how clear and colorful the tattoos are. What type of flashes do you use?? Do you guys use diffusers on the flashes??

JokerGirl
06/04/2011, 06:51 PM
SMH! Way to be mean! :lol: I'm well aware of the sensor dust. We're using D70s', and there's no sensor clean function on them. I've tried and tried to get the dust out, to no avail. We'll have to send it in to get it done. With my list of things to be pictured at 1300 right now, we can't afford to do that.

My lights weren't exactly set up for her to be that close to them. She's also really that white. :lol: I'd been shooting the shorts on the wall since the legs won't fit on the turn table. She was 2 feet from my camera, when she really should've been 5 like the shorts.

We have two systems, each one has 5 Elinchrome strobes on it. Soft-boxes on each. Robot arm for the camera. Turn table for the mannequins.

And what I meant by the not too shabby comment is that it wasn't bad for her just running in front of my camera and me snapping a shot. I hadn't changed any of my settings. So, besides being a little hot in the face, it wasn't bad! :) :D