PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead placement 72 bowfront

reindan
06/05/2011, 02:05 AM
Just curious where others with bowfronts have placed their powerheads for the best flow patterns. I have three Koralia 3s, and a 4th if needed. Right now I have one on each side about half way up pointed directly at each other. The guy who originally had this tank had them set up that way, but the flow isn't that great around the whole tank. The third one is pointed up to agitate the surface. I'm open to any advice, especially anyone using a bowfront. Thanks in advance!

steelhead77
06/05/2011, 10:42 AM
My first tank was a 72 Bow. I had two #3 koralias mounted about midway up on opposite ends pointing at the front glass. The flow swept around the glass and met in the middle. I think i had another one or two PH's in other places just to give more turbulence and break up the surface This seemed to work pretty well for me.

papawheelie
06/05/2011, 11:08 AM
I have a 72 as well and I have the return line in the back left hand corner, which probably only pushes about 250 GPH, there's a cap 2100 in the top right front corner blasting at the glass and kinda upwards to create turbulence, and a Koralia 3 left middle center pointing at my rock structure. This setup works pretty well for me.

ugluk
06/05/2011, 07:16 PM
My first tank was a 72 Bow. I had two #3 koralias mounted about midway up on opposite ends pointing at the front glass. The flow swept around the glass and met in the middle. I think i had another one or two PH's in other places just to give more turbulence and break up the surface This seemed to work pretty well for me.

I currently have a 72 bowfront and this is how my powerheads are set up.