PDA

View Full Version : veggie clips suck!

Netofficer3710
06/05/2011, 02:20 AM
how do you guys put your seaweed on your veggie clips?
my tang manages to get the seaweed floating around the tank withing a few hours no matter what I try!
he is super aggressive...

I am tired of pulling seaweed off of powerheads and do not have the patience to replace the seaweed multiple times a day.

AaronM
06/05/2011, 04:33 AM
Clips are spaz. Neo rubber coated = muched better. 2x N42 rubber coated magnets maybe 6X12 discs.

Holds it to the glass, position the nori randomly every so often, for stimulation + fold it over so harder to break off...

I tend to make the nori bit smaller and folded/layers, to make it tougher to break off.
Sometimes i put the nori ground level, sometimes right side, left side, front, top middle, yadda yadda.

Ben34105
06/05/2011, 11:50 AM
I took the suction cup off of my veggie clip and tied about a foot of fishing line leader to it. Then I screwed a small stainless steel hook into the side of my hood. I tied the line to the hook and I'm good to go. It gives the fish slack to pull the clip around and my hands don't get wet adding new nori. I also fold the nori and cut it into thin strips leaving just the end in the clip uncut.

Quis
06/05/2011, 12:11 PM
Try the Veggiemag from Two Little Fish. Never had a problem with the nori being rip from it, and I don't have to put my hands in the tank to replace fresh nori.

funkejj
06/05/2011, 12:19 PM
I also have the TLF veggie mag and I fold up a sheet, I will cut it into strips about 3/4 of the way up so they take a strip and not half a sheet. Works like a champ.

aleonn
06/05/2011, 12:25 PM
I also use the TLF veggie mag, and I fold up the seaweed strips very tightly and compactly. Makes the tangs work harder, and the crumbs aren't so large.

jeff@zina.com
06/05/2011, 12:27 PM
I use normal clips, but slice the Nori in strips so the fish only get away with a little strip at a time.

Jeff