PDA

View Full Version : mated pairs of multiple species??

thunderjohnsonx
06/05/2011, 06:21 AM
Ok so I have a 29 gall biocube and I'm building a 75 gal saltwater. My main question is is it alright to have mated pairs of multiple species in a new tank. My finish set up would end up being mated mandarins and six line wrasses in the biocube. In the 75 I was hoping to have mated spotted or red mandarins, mated osscilaris clowns ( sorry for thw spelling), mated long nose hawkfish, mated eight line wrasse, and mated flame angles. R these species compatible in mated pairs? Are any in specific unable to live with other species when in a mated pair? I am not trying to breed these fish, even though mYbe one day I might try. I just like the idea of everyone having a friend. Also a little side note, my 75 will have a 3o gal sump/refugium, how many fish total can I keep in there? My list is currently 10. Can I have 12 or 13? All help is appreciated. Thanks guys. Love this site

muttley000
06/05/2011, 06:35 AM
I think both of these tanks will be overstocked and you should work at cutting down the list. I like the idea of the pairs though, and would expect you to be able to observe interesting behaviour with or without raising the young.

NirvanaFan
06/05/2011, 06:47 AM
I doubt the mandarins will breed in the biocube. I question if they will live also. Even if they eat prepared foods, they need lots of rock to hunt pods on. I think the 6 line wrasses will stress each other also.

The ocellaris clowns could get aggressive in the 75. My female used to bully the other fish a bit and would even attack me when I put my hand in the tank. I don't have much experience with the other pairs.