PDA

View Full Version : GSP Infection??

thebkramer
06/05/2011, 10:34 AM
So my GSP I think has some sorta Bacterial Infection or something :sad1:

Heres what it looks like:

http://i56.*******.com/hu2jxf.jpg

Heres what it did look like:
not the best shot.. but shows you how full it was..

http://i47.*******.com/fx7k9.jpg

With the recent transfer of tanks.. I'm now dealing with a diatom outbreak, so I just assumed it was algae growing on it. When I turkey baste it or try to rub it off.. some of the polyps will just fall off & the mat seems to just disintegrate :headwalls:

Thoughts? what might be my best option to help him out??
Should I get Coral Revive? or a Coral Dip?
Thanks SO Much for any insight :)

papawheelie
06/05/2011, 11:12 AM
What are you water params?

thebkramer
06/05/2011, 11:18 AM
What are you water params?

pH 8.0
alk 9
ammonia, trite, trate & phos 0
ca 450
salinity 1.025

MLconstruction
06/05/2011, 03:31 PM
My GSP does the same thing sometimes. i found out it was those little white star fish. Ive noticed the ones with a little pink dot in the center are the ones that eat my GSP. they only do it at night though. Now i hunt them down at 3 am and they get the garbage disposal treatment.

thebkramer
06/05/2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the response :)

don't think its stars though.. haven't seen those buggers since the beginning of the tank.. 5yrs ago..
the mat isn't disappearing.. it looks as though there is algae growing on the mat/polyps.. and when I try to remove the "algae" the mat disintegrates..

I'm lost with what to do.. and how to treat...

Fishfish0001
06/05/2011, 04:22 PM
Could be that the mat disintegrates because the algae already killed it before you removed it.

thebkramer
06/05/2011, 05:03 PM
I honestly wish I could blame myself for letting algae kill it.. then I'd know why ;)
as soon as I noticed what looked like "algae" on it.. I tried to get it off.. so its not due to neglect..

I guess I'll have to get some Coral Revive or Rx and hope for the best..

Thanks for the help :)