PDA

View Full Version : Slowest Tank Build Ever? Solana XL 60

Derekbc
06/05/2011, 11:09 AM
Instead of setting up my tank today, I have faced yet another set back...

Background:

Ordered the tank--Solana XL 60--and the lights--AI Sol Blue--on April 26th. Received word that Current USA was waiting for some parts and this would be holding up delivery of the tank. I also had to wait for the lights since they were on back order...

The tank arrives on May 20th, and there is a chip out of the corner... Decide to return the tank out of fear of possible structural integrity issues. Current USA implies the chip was caused by me... :thumbdown:

New tank arrives June 3rd, and I have to borrow a vehicle to exchange the damaged tank with the new one at a distributor 20 miles away. The distribution owner, after seeing the damaged tank, states that it looks like a factory defect, and I feel a bit vindicated.

The AI units arrive via UPS the same day, and the hanging kit they are supposed to arrive with is not included! I contact the distributor and get the following response, "Sorry, I thought we notified everyone that the hanging kits are on back order." :headwalls:

Today, June 5th, I figured would be a great day to do a leak test on the tank. I unwrap the parts that have been sitting in a pile since the day the damaged tank was unwrapped. Instead of the Quiet One pump that is supposed to be included with the tank is a Jaebo pump :confused:. Sent an email to the distributor this morning asking for the pump that is supposed to be included.

Now I'm wondering what is going to hold things up next...

jimmy frag
06/05/2011, 11:24 AM
Not a good start.

lordofthereef
06/05/2011, 11:30 AM
Bummer start, but now that you have the tank it seems you could get going pretty rapidly. You won't need the lights right away. I assume the pump is a return? Don't need that either if all you are doing is leak testing just yet.

Atom0023
06/05/2011, 12:04 PM
Just change your frame of mind. When you ask or expect for negative stuff to happen it will.

guarda
06/05/2011, 12:07 PM
Wow, was thinking about getting the exact same tank for my mom but now am having second thoughts. Did they not insure the delivery? Mind sharing the details?

Derekbc
06/05/2011, 12:47 PM
Bummer start, but now that you have the tank it seems you could get going pretty rapidly. You won't need the lights right away. I assume the pump is a return? Don't need that either if all you are doing is leak testing just yet.

Good things come to those who wait... Just hope to have the pump issue resolved before rock arrives.

Just change your frame of mind. When you ask or expect for negative stuff to happen it will.

I am expecting wonderous coral growth and happy fish! :fish2: :fish1:

Wow, was thinking about getting the exact same tank for my mom but now am having second thoughts. Did they not insure the delivery? Mind sharing the details?

There was a GREAT deal of time/research done prior to my choosing this tank. Thus far the issues have been taken care of--don't get me wrong--I am still very happy that I chose this tank. Just wish I wasn't the person who is running into some of these obstacles that I have not read about anyone else experiencing...

lordofthereef
06/05/2011, 12:58 PM
If you are set on waiting anyway, not sure what this thread was meant to accomplish.

Either way, best of luck to you.

Derekbc
06/05/2011, 01:23 PM
If you are set on waiting anyway, not sure what this thread was meant to accomplish.

Trying to take to heart Atom's advice... I am not set on waiting--actually rather frustrated, and needed to let it out... Wondering if these types of issues are common in this hobby, or I have just lucked out with having to deal with so many...

guarda
06/05/2011, 01:39 PM
looks to me like a pre tank thread thread. If you are set on waiting anyway, not sure what this thread was meant to accomplish.

Atom0023
06/08/2011, 10:54 PM
Trying to take to heart Atom's advice... I am not set on waiting--actually rather frustrated, and needed to let it out... Wondering if these types of issues are common in this hobby, or I have just lucked out with having to deal with so many...

Im glad to hear that. At least you are at the stage that you are. I don't even have a tank yet. :)