PDA

View Full Version : clown not eating

youpey
06/05/2011, 06:14 PM
i got a new occ clown 2 days ago. he is getting along just fine with my original clown and looks like he is happy. only problem is he is not eating.

i have tried rods food and mysis shrimp and he is not eating. it normally wouldnt worry me but today my big clown didnt eat today either. normally she eats like a slob. the only thing i can think of is the orignal clown didnt eat today because he normally is only fed 1 time per 2 days and i fed both days because i am trying to get the new clown to eat

i tried garlic today also, which could be why the original clown didnt eat, but i am just speculating.

the new clown doesnt look pinched in his belly but he isnt fat either. i dont see any weird spots or anything bad with his fins.

any ideas??

davocean
06/05/2011, 06:22 PM
It's pretty common for a new clown or about any fish to not eat right away, but the fact your existing clown isn't eating too would maybe concern me.
Keep an eye on both, let em chill, try again tomorrow.

mwilliams62
sounds like he is still getting use to his new home... Did you not QT him????? Really should I read on another website he put a new fish in his DT and ended up wiping out all his his that he had for many years it had Marine Velvet.

JVManlius
Were they tank raised or wild? I suppose if they were wild it might take a while for it to eat frozzen food. Otherwise, my guess is that it will come around in a few more feedings.

davocean
06/05/2011, 06:33 PM
I also agree w/ the QT advice being best, just didn't mention it since it's a 14g and I'm guessing the clowns may be all that goes in there, so not as great of a risk, but that is the best method really.

youpey
06/05/2011, 06:39 PM
only the 14g nothing else in there except cuc, not even corals

the original clown ate yesterday, just not today. he seems to want to just hang with the new one. also, i moved all the rock work around to remove the territorialism and it worked, so maybe that is why the original is still unsure of the new surroundings??

youpey
06/06/2011, 06:01 PM
the new clown didnt make it. it was skinny and not eating, but i was kind of hoping it would be ok...it wasnt