jcw
06/05/2011, 06:51 PM
In QT! (4 reef chromis)

And not in DT!

I feel good...
sometimes things actually work!

Palting
06/05/2011, 06:58 PM
LOL!!! I know what you mean, but it still comes across funny that you should be happy you have Ich :).

You going to do hyposalinity or copper?

Just to share, I had a 110 gal with 11 fish that became an Ich tank. I now do hyposalinity in QT for all fish regardless of apearance.

jcw
06/05/2011, 07:13 PM
I read your hyposalinity thread. It was very informative. Thanks.

The same thing happened to me. My first four fish (incidentally from DD) introduced into the tank came down with ich.
I was juggling 3 sometimes 4 tanks, and finally transfered them all into a 55g tank for hyposalinity. Then another few weeks as the main tank was "fallow." (not really but that's another story)

Lost one anthias and a chromis. Saved a bellus angel that was near death and three anthias. They all gained weight and became super healthy in hypo.
Here's the bellus today...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/jcwk12r/fishtank/P1050358.jpg

Since then I promised never to add anything directly to the DT again. These reef chromis have been in observation for 3+ weeks. One of them actually for almost 1 month. Only when I messed around cleaning the tank this weekend did I noticed they were covered in small spots.

I will probably hypo treat again. Or maybe copper, I don't know.

Palting
06/06/2011, 08:49 AM
Gorgeous fish. GL on whatever treatment you chose!

WaterKeeper
06/06/2011, 01:07 PM
That's why one QT's to start with. If a QT never ever showed signs of disease then why bother to QT in the first place? Unless you just love maintaining extra tanks for fun. ;)

Jstdv8
06/06/2011, 01:34 PM
Qt for the win! nice work.