PDA

View Full Version : BRS reactor issue

ebojo
06/06/2011, 07:10 PM
I have had my BRS reactors hooked up for about a month now. I had a huge algae outbreak, which caused me to start looking at my equipment. I discovered that my GFO reactor was not moving water very fast at all. At this time, I was using a maxijet 400. I thought this may be the problem, so I upgraded to 1200s for each of the reactors. The carbon has plenty of flow, however, the GFO is still moving very slowly. The lack of flow has even caused water to spew out of the fitting that connects the powerhead to the hose. I tried taking all of the GFO out to make sure it wasnt clogged or anything, but that didnt seem to help. Any ideas?

Lynnmw1208
06/06/2011, 07:47 PM
did you stick in the second sponge? I had to take mine out for proper flow. I use both sponges for the carbon but not the GFO. Although in my dual reactor I have noticed that it doesn't take long for the GFO to get clogged... I just may switch to biopellets.

ebojo
06/06/2011, 07:49 PM
where does it get clogged? that may be the issue. Also, are you suggesting to just take the extra sponge out altogether?