PDA

View Full Version : Help me aefw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuginski
06/06/2011, 08:27 PM
I´m with aefw?????? I don´t have other aquarium to treat my corals what should i do????????? Please someone help me!!!!!

D.

psteeleb
06/06/2011, 08:31 PM
dip scrape, dip scrape, repeat for weeks

by scrape I mean scrape the base, I'd even consider cutting off any area that looks like it has eggs on it and countinue to dip weekly until there are no signs left

pmrossetti
06/06/2011, 11:43 PM
Flatworm Exit

sabodish
06/07/2011, 07:15 AM
flatworm exit works on planaria, the red flatworms. to my knowledge it does not kill AEFW. for AEFW, i use coral Rx or others have used Revive.

Reef Bass
06/07/2011, 08:41 AM
Flatworm exit is not effective against aefw.

Regular repeated dips over time is the cure. The key is to break their life cycle by killing any adults before they can lay eggs. Eggs survive dips.

Some people advocate living with aefw by basting and using wrasses. I do not.

Stuginski
06/07/2011, 12:24 PM
Thks guys...I´m realy afraid....

I will instal a quarantine and I will dip all the acro´s once a week....I just don´t know with what!!!!

Levamisole....I see many acros dying when used
Betadine....the same
Fluke tabs....I see good results but....what the hell is fluke tabs??? (which components??? I´m in Brazil...I have to find some like this)
Revive....works???? coral loses are high???
Melafix???? works??? cora loses are high???

I´m reaaly concerned....

Thanks guys......

Hails from Brazil

D.

Reef Bass
06/07/2011, 02:19 PM
There are a number of dips which can be used against adult aefw. Revive, TMPCC, Melafix marine and iodine just to name a few. In my experience, Melafix does well being harsh on pests and not as harsh on coral.

Stuginski
06/07/2011, 09:11 PM
thks Bass....

Anyone has the Melafix dosage and schedule to combat aefw???

Hails from Brazil

D.