PDA

View Full Version : what does your potters eat?

ryanrid
06/06/2011, 11:59 PM
as above, i previously bought one (years back) that was eating NLS pellets in the LFS then got it home and never ate prepared foods again and eventually died.

what do people have with success of this fish eating?

michael_cb_125
06/07/2011, 05:36 AM
I had my little potters for over two and half years before losing him to a faulty heater. During the time I had him, he ate the following foods with gusto:

Frozen:
mysis
brine
rods food

Fresh:
scallop
clam
prawn
squid
salmon

Dry:
NLS pellet
Spirulina Flake
Elos Spirulina Pellet

This fish literally ate everything from the beginning. I feel as though you are able to obtain a healthy specimen, potters angels can do very well and are relatively hardy.

~Michael

ENTMogul
06/07/2011, 09:56 PM
I have had mine for about a week and he eats Mysis, Spirulina infused brine, and NLS pellets.

Toddrtrex
06/07/2011, 11:08 PM
I have had a pair and a single over the years (( lost the pair when I had emergency back surgery, and the other one for no discernible reason ));

LifeLine's Herbivore mix
Rod's food -- red, blue and green labels
PE Mysis
Spectrum pellets
And I am sure 3-4 other types of food -- all of mine were pigs.

flying53brian
06/08/2011, 12:02 AM
Had mine for about 2.5 years now and eats everything from Mysis, spirulina brine, NLS pellets and algae from the rocks and glass. I had one other before this one but he did not make it do to poor capture I beleive.

Take care

Flippers4pups
06/08/2011, 12:18 AM
Mine eats everything as well. Really likes rods & mysis shrimp! Going on one year now and is very healthy.

block head
06/08/2011, 08:39 AM
eats anything now. only picked rocks in the beginning. used a crusty qt tank and threw 6 different types of food at him. treated with prazzipro after he started eating well. going strong 2yrs?

ryanrid
06/08/2011, 07:01 PM
thanks guys

Bret61081
06/09/2011, 05:29 PM
I had one for over 3 years and it ate everything I put in the tank especially spectrum. Lost it a month or so ago to swim blatter problems