PDA

View Full Version : Top water filmage.....

Kronic87
06/07/2011, 12:14 AM
I have a 30 gallon reef tank with 2 korilla powerheads and a aquaCremora protein skimmer. my problem is that i have alot of film on the top of the water. how can i prevent that from happening often? i clean my powerheads every other week even my protein skimmer. what do u think the problem is?

Thanks ya!

dublo8
06/07/2011, 12:18 AM
Surface agitation is what you need. Does your skimmer have a "surface skimmer attachment"? You could also aim one of your powerheads at the surface to break it up. It will eventually mix with the water and be skimmed out.

reefmanmatt
06/07/2011, 04:06 AM
Surface agitation is what you need. Does your skimmer have a "surface skimmer attachment"? You could also aim one of your powerheads at the surface to break it up. It will eventually mix with the water and be skimmed out.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 what he said ! :spin2:point that powerhead up so you get a wave going :spin2:

Kronic87
06/07/2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks yo. but what is surface agitation? if u dont mind me asking?

The Punisher
06/08/2011, 01:03 AM
Surface agitation is just having the surface of the water agitated enough so that the film doesn't form on top. Pointing a powerhead at the surface to break up the surface tension will do the job.