06/07/2011, 01:36 PM
PH-8.1
NH4(total ammonia)-LESS THAN 0.05
NO2-0.05
NO3-LESS THAN 0.5
PO4-LESS THAN 0.02
Cal-420
all value are in mg/l ppm

test done via JBL but JBL dont have value anything 0 so i can able to see these value only

is this value are good ? tank is 44 days old now diatom growth is there.

socal86
06/07/2011, 01:43 PM
well diatoms growth is from the nitrates even being low will show some affect on the tank. that will go away once you hit 0 but the only way to really get levels down is doing small water changes using rodi water. i do 5% changes weekly to keep my tank in check. you could start by doing small water changes daily and once all the levels hit 0 keep checking levels and spread the water changes out to once a week. i have gotten to the point i can go an easy 2 weeks before i really need to change water but still like to give the corals and fish refreshing clean water to swim in.

socal86
06/07/2011, 01:46 PM
oh i forgot to say your levels are not bad though they are not at any level that you would have to worry about fish health or corals. i would worry once the nitrate levels rose to 5 ppm you would start to see it affect corals but its a proven fact that nitrate can be at 40 ppm before you will see it start to affect fish the only exceptions to that seem to be tangs which are really sensitive to drastic changes in the water parameters

yajur
06/07/2011, 02:03 PM
oh i forgot to say your levels are not bad though they are not at any level that you would have to worry about fish health or corals. i would worry once the nitrate levels rose to 5 ppm you would start to see it affect corals but its a proven fact that nitrate can be at 40 ppm before you will see it start to affect fish the only exceptions to that seem to be tangs which are really sensitive to drastic changes in the water parameters

thanks for the reply it given me good idea for noob in reef .

and another help

iam going to start my Refugium and my main tank is 150G so how much G tank i need for Refugium?

and how much inch i have to provide for the sand bed and iam looking to place the Refugium on the top of the sump and the water from the 3rd chamber in the sump will be taken in to Refugium and return water will be pored in water outlet from the sump to the main tank.

will this ok for it?