PDA

View Full Version : Found a flaw in my programming...or lack of I should say

JG1
06/07/2011, 04:06 PM
Had a power out yesterday. When the power was restored, my skimmer oveflowed because of the sump level.

How can I program the apex, so that whenever there is a power out, that it waits two minutes to turn on my skimmer outlet after the return pump has been turned on?

kayl
06/07/2011, 04:11 PM
Had a power out yesterday. When the power was restored, my skimmer oveflowed because of the sump level.

How can I program the apex, so that whenever there is a power out, that it waits two minutes to turn on my skimmer outlet after the return pump has been turned on?

Check out this thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2029128

JG1
06/07/2011, 04:21 PM
Check out this thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2029128

Ok, so looks like if I put these two lines in for my skimmer, all should be well?

If Power Apex Off 005 Then OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 005 Then OFF

RussM
06/07/2011, 06:54 PM
Ok, so looks like if I put these two lines in for my skimmer, all should be well?

If Power Apex Off 005 Then OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 005 Then OFF
Yes.

There is another option, which ties the skimmer operation directly to the ON/OFF status on the return pump, but with a 5 minute delay before turning on:

[Return]
Fallback ON
Set On
If FeedA.... (if used)
If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF

[Skimmer]
Fallback ON
Set OFF
If Outlet Return = ON Then ON
Defer 005:00 Then ON

This method not only results in fewer overall programming statements, but has the added benefit of "syncing" the skimmer pump operation to the return pump operations under any condition (not just after a power event), including Feed cycles, when doing maintenance (just turn off the return and the skimmer goes off too), etc. So any time the return pump goes off then comes back on, the skimmer will always come ON 5 minutes later.

JG1
06/08/2011, 10:07 AM
Yes.

There is another option, which ties the skimmer operation directly to the ON/OFF status on the return pump, but with a 5 minute delay before turning on:

[Return]
Fallback ON
Set On
If FeedA.... (if used)
If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF

[Skimmer]
Fallback ON
Set OFF
If Outlet Return = ON Then ON
Defer 005:00 Then ON

This method not only results in fewer overall programming statements, but has the added benefit of "syncing" the skimmer pump operation to the return pump operations under any condition (not just after a power event), including Feed cycles, when doing maintenance (just turn off the return and the skimmer goes off too), etc. So any time the return pump goes off then comes back on, the skimmer will always come ON 5 minutes later.
thx!