PDA

View Full Version : reef safe question

rdog
06/07/2011, 07:27 PM
My buddy had to tear down this tank cause he moved so he gave me all his live rock, tomato clown and a snowflake eel. I didn't want te eel but he brought it anyway and now I don't know way to do. My question is, does anyone have one in there reef tank? Or know anyone that does? I have a 240 gallon tank with over 350 pounds of live rock so once he goes in he is in. Not gonna tear the tank apart to get him out.

tspors
06/07/2011, 07:41 PM
I live in appleton, how far are you from fosters might they take him? Not sure I would risk it however, I have a Chocolate Chip Star in my reef and leaves everything alone.

tymon
06/07/2011, 07:56 PM
i wouldnt put an eel in a community tank but thats just me. a 240 gallons a lot of room though. snowflakes get big, can be aggressive when they grow, and have poor eye sight can mistake fish for food when feeding. it is just a bit of a risk if you are willing to take it.

cloak
06/07/2011, 08:41 PM
i wouldnt put an eel in a community tank but thats just me. A 240 gallons a lot of room though. Snowflakes get big, can be aggressive when they grow, and have poor eye sight can mistake fish for food when feeding. It is just a bit of a risk if you are willing to take it.

+1.

pmrossetti
06/07/2011, 08:54 PM
don't do it

tomato clown risky too.

rdog
06/08/2011, 07:48 AM
I think i will just put the eel in a seperate tank and have just a tank for him with some live rock in it. Don't want to chance it. He is about 13 inches long right now. On the other hand, I thought all clownfish are reef safe???

Sugar Magnolia
06/08/2011, 07:51 AM
The clown is fine. It's just that tomato clowns are one of the more aggressive clownfish.

sporto0
06/08/2011, 11:52 AM
i have a snowflake in my fowler community tank, he has not touched any of his tankmates, however i believe it would wreak havoc on your rockwork, mine typically knocks over rocks on a regular basis, so i wouldn't try him in a reef.