PDA

View Full Version : aiptasia x near corals

mtaswt
06/08/2011, 07:58 AM
I have some zoa's that have some aiptasia right in the middle of it. Will the use of aiptasia x on it kill my zoa's?

I also have one piece of bubble algae in the middle of it as well. Any ideas on how to get rid of that?

Thanks--Matt

Chris27
06/08/2011, 08:44 AM
It won't hurt the zoa's, I've used that stuff right close to large desirable nems and large mats of zoa's without trouble.

Chris27
06/08/2011, 08:44 AM
Oh and just pluck the bubble out with a pair of tweezers....yes it's that simple.

thebkramer
06/08/2011, 08:47 AM
+1.. again!! ;)

Just try not to pop the bubbles!!

bobpiker
06/08/2011, 08:49 AM
Keep X away from Xenia. It will kill it all for sure.

greech
06/08/2011, 01:26 PM
IME it will kill polyps. I was in the same boat and hit the nem but it also hit 3 or 4 polpys right next to/under it. Those polyps melted just like the nem (not just closed up) but they grew back pretty quick and filled the gap back in.

It will also irritate LPS flesh if it is left to sit very long. Best to wave that off if you can.

Again, this is just my experience with this stuff. Same with Joe's Juice.

geccles
06/08/2011, 02:17 PM
A turkey baster works for removing bubble algae as well. Not that I've ever had it, but you know, if I did.... :fun5:

aleonn
06/08/2011, 02:40 PM
Before using the Aiptasia-X, I used a separate turkey baster to gently blow at the polyps to get them to close up. Then I used Aiptasia-X on the aiptasia. The surrounding polyps closed up for a few days, but were okay afterwards, at least in my limited experience.

thebkramer
06/08/2011, 02:44 PM
this is what I did.. & its just my 2 cents ;)

I got a cheap small funnel... cut the "straw" part of the funnel.. kept the smaller end just a tad bigger than the aiptasia.. then put the smaller end of the opening around the aiptasia and went to town zapping it!! :lol2:
The only other thing I did was turning off all water flow and waited 10 mins after to turn back on..

Good Luck :bounce3: