PDA

View Full Version : need suggestion for my chalice

yeloowtang
06/08/2011, 09:01 AM
hey !!!
you can see it on the top right side,when i got it maybe 6-7 months ago it was alf the size and i was sure it would be years before i would see growth on it !!!
well it's added a good 3" all arround with mouths everywhere and holly c###p never would have beleived how long the sweepers are...it's getting near my birdsnest..

it just keeps growing wich is a good thing,i could try rearanging the top right side but the little green frag is growing fast to and has already encrusted on the rock !!!

as for the new growth,not sure if it's just tissue or has a start of a skeleton base to it...
can these be safely cut or i should just reorganise things and not risk infection ect ect..or do they stop growing at some point (i doubt that)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=142652&d=1300581270

thanks for any info

steff

artman18944
06/08/2011, 09:13 AM
short of rearranging your tank or trying to frag it there isnt much else to do other then let let them duke it out for real estate like they do in nature....BTW that is one awesome lookin tank

yeloowtang
06/08/2011, 04:32 PM
thanks for the kind words and the info !!!
havent decided yet,i`m not to brave about cuting the flesh..more inclined to
move it up if possible...if i leave it as it is i`m almost certain the chalice will win...

and if thats your tank in the avatar,,that looks realy nice :) any pictures?

steff

PokerReefer
06/08/2011, 05:32 PM
What a good problem to have ! Lol! Probably would be easier to move the birdsnest then the Chalice ? Looks pretty encrusted. Or just do what Artman suggested and let them duke it out !  and Nice tank !

LaOtIn
06/08/2011, 07:27 PM
maybe get the smallest clear frag rack and put him up by himself on the back wall of the tank?