PDA

View Full Version : 18V jumper for power supply of 6105

delphinus
06/08/2011, 10:24 PM
Hi,

I have a 6105 running off a power supply but seem to have misplaced the 18v jumper. I have at my disposal jumpers for 12v, 15v, and 24v jumpers but don't seem to have a spare 18v.

Is it easy to order new jumpers from any Tunze retailer? I don't really see the jumpers on the tunze.com parts catalog (although I admit I didn't spend a lot of time looking).

For now I am running the 6105 on the 15v jumper. I imagine the loss of flow compared to 18v is probably minimal but I'd like to get a 18v in there at some point nonetheless.

As an alternative, can I use a resistor of some kind in place of the jumper?

Thanks!

rvitko
06/09/2011, 08:46 AM
The part is 6105.243, I believe the jumper is actually a diode, but I wouldn't know a workaround, they are about $2.

delphinus
06/09/2011, 01:39 PM
Ok thanks I'll just order one from my retailer then, that's easier than farting around with some kind of DIY thing. I didn't realize it had a part#. Thanks for the info!

delphinus
06/10/2011, 12:25 AM
Perusing tunze.com this evening I discovered that there are two versions of the 18v jumper:

http://www.tunze.com/details.html?&L=1&C=CA&user_tunzeprod_pi1[prodid]=6105.243
and
http://www.tunze.com/details.html?&L=1&C=CA&user_tunzeprod_pi1[prodid]=6101.243

Outwardly they seem to look identical. Is there any way to speculate (or check with the Tunze techs), what the consequence would be of using the wrong jumper?

Recall that this journey all began with what appeared to be a chattering propeller (start/stop/start/stop/start/stop). It started in a wavebox and I put an old 6100 into the wavebox to get it going (one with the puck style transformer and aluminum box driver) and that left me with an extra power supply which I might have put onto a 6105 which seemed to run for a while and then it too started to chatter. So I replaced the motor block and IT chattered and then I realized, oh, it's the power supply. Could all this have been traced back to perhaps using the wrong 18v jumper when I switched out the 24v jumper in the 6105.240 power supply (which was there because it was initially used on the wavebox) for a 18v jumper, and I just grabbed the first 18v jumper I could find and maybe it came from the other style of power supply?

Is it possible the power supply is not toast after all? I guess for $2 I can order a new jumper and either end up with a working power supply once again, or at least just have a spare 18v jumper onhand.

Wow! Complicated...

rvitko
06/13/2011, 08:27 AM
6101.243 goes to a 6101.240 power supply, 6105.243 goes to 6105.240. We changed power supplies last year to meet new EU energy conservation requirements, the old one draws 3W on standby (plugged in but pump not on) and the new one uses .25W. You must by the correct one for your power supply and it will have a label specifying the model number.