PDA

View Full Version : Water coming out of Riser Tube

phoenix001
06/09/2011, 10:32 AM
Every so often I will walk up to my tank and notice water pouring out the top of the riser tube of my skimmer. this just started happening a few weeks back and I'm not sure why. I will turn the skimmer off and back on and that solves whatever problem is occuring, but only temporarily. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? I'm getting ready to go out of town and although when it happens it doesn't seem to be a huge problem, but I would prefer to fix whatever is happening before I leave. The skimmer is a Euroreef CS-80. I do have the effluent form my CA reactor dripping into the top of the riser tube, but that's been in place some time now - I don't believe the problem began as a result of me moving the effluent line - I used to jsut drip it above the skimmer pump.

phenom5
06/09/2011, 10:46 AM
My old ER skimmer use to do this. Usually meant it was time to pull the pump, and give it a good thorough cleaning. Once I did that, it would be back to normal.

phoenix001
06/09/2011, 11:56 AM
Actually, I thought the pump might of been the problem as well, so I pulled it out last week and cleaned it - the problem remains.

phenom5
06/09/2011, 12:04 PM
Maybe try running some hot RO/DI through the airline.