PDA

View Full Version : scolymia migrated?

sporto0
06/09/2011, 02:59 PM
has anyone ever had there scolymia leave it's skeleton/rock & turn up in another location? i had, well turns out still have a bleeding apple scolymia, a few weeks ago, it looked as if it were deteriorating the way a typical brain coral does, gets thin & recedes all around the edges & then i thought it was done, now just today about an hour ago i see something on the sand bed that i did not place there, i thought, great something fell from the rock work, nope, it's my bleeding apple scolymia, at about 1/4 the size it used to be?!?! is this typical for them and does anyone have any suggestion on how to get it to attach to another rock of my choice? it's pretty small & fragile i'm sure, so i don't want it to float into another more vicious coral. any experience or help would be appreciated.

Sheol
06/09/2011, 05:13 PM
I've heard of Polyp bail-out. Its pretty common with certain Favid corals. Never heard of it with a Scoly, but anything is possible. Our ignorance far exceeds our knowledge as far as corals go..
Will it grow another skeleton? I'm not sure at all.

Sincerely,
Matthew

capt85
06/09/2011, 05:39 PM
It is difficult for then to retros the skelton but it is possible.

Put it in a tupperware container with wedding vail over so it doesn't blow around.

Best of luck.

sporto0
06/09/2011, 06:22 PM
It is difficult for then to retros the skelton but it is possible.

Put it in a tupperware container with wedding vail over so it doesn't blow around.

Best of luck.

thanks, good idea