PDA

View Full Version : Need to know where to buy aquariums

Saadatski
06/09/2011, 07:10 PM
I have a 36 gallon bowfront that i bought from Petsmart. I want to upgrade to a larger, up to 60 gallon, preferably drilled with overflow. I need to know where i can buy them and a good company that sells them.

aandfsoccr04
06/09/2011, 07:10 PM
just go to craigslist.com and search in your area if you are looking for a good deal on a used one. That's the route to go if you are looking for used.

Saadatski
06/09/2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

I did that a long time ago and i found a couple that were appealing

i also do not mind drilling and adding overflow, but ide rather have that done

also, i would rather buy new cause it gives me more reassurance that nothing is wrong with it.

e46slc
06/09/2011, 10:37 PM
What city are you in?? Usually there is a local reef club that can help you drill, add overflows, etc, etc. And usually they'll have a buy/trade section that you can browse to see if there is something that you like.

Saadatski
06/10/2011, 01:29 PM
I live near New York city (if i told u the town i lived in its too small for any stores lol)
i am also looking at the Marineland corner-flo, know if its any good?

TeePee
06/10/2011, 01:37 PM
If you don't mind a bit of a ride, you could take a road trip to That Fish Place in Lancaster PA, just a bit west of Philly, so not very far from NYC. I live outside of DC and when I bought my tank I went up there to pick it up. You can see what they have on their website and they typically have a huge variety to pick from. The advantage of that is that you can browse their giant retail store and pick up lots of other things that you'll be needing as well! Good luck.

lastpikd
06/10/2011, 01:40 PM
If you don't have a local store to go too, you can probably find a good deal online. Here is my suggestion http://www.glasscages.com/. With them, you can customize the tank you want them to build for you. Imo, they have competitive pricing.

thebkramer
06/10/2011, 01:42 PM
If you don't mind a bit of a ride, you could take a road trip to That Fish Place in Lancaster PA, just a bit west of Philly, so not very far from NYC. I live outside of DC and when I bought my tank I went up there to pick it up. You can see what they have on their website and they typically have a huge variety to pick from. The advantage of that is that you can browse their giant retail store and pick up lots of other things that you'll be needing as well! Good luck.

+1
Thats where I went to get all my stuff when I first started!! Well worth the trip!! (I live just north of Albany) I wanted everything new (I'm OCD like that) and I couldn't believe them amount of $$$ I saved by doing this way!!! :lol2:

otherwise.. craiglist, ebay, newspaper (yes they still have those :lmao: ) and sometimes lfs have bulletin boards with ppl trying to get rid of their stuff.. oh.. and its yard sale season!! you may get lucky there too!!

lastly... :bounce3: WELCOME TO RC & THE ADDICTION!!! :bounce3:

ashlerbam
06/10/2011, 01:46 PM
Go all out. Get a tank from Aqua Design Amano. Google that and get into their larger aquarium. The larger aquarium have overflows installed already.