PDA

View Full Version : cause of micro bubbles?

lovefish31
06/11/2011, 11:56 PM
i have lots of little micro bubbles in my tank. Is there a specific cause? can i fix it some how?

dublo8
06/12/2011, 12:05 AM
It can be so many things that it's hard to find the root cause. The best thing you can do is shut off one piece of equipment at time until you find the cause. I would look into a couple things, such as your return pump. If it's being throttled back by means of a valve than you can possibly have some cavitation. I would also look at your chiller. Check all your lines for leaks. They won't be leaking water but they will be leaking air into the line. It will work similarly to a venturi in which case the air is being pulled in faster than the water can get out causing micro bubbles. Just check all your equipment one by one and come to a solution. When you find it I'm sure somebody can help you with a fix.

lovefish31
06/12/2011, 12:07 AM
i do have a venturi skimmer, and it actually has a leak in it. I need to take it back to where i bought it so they can fix it for me. So do you think this will be the cause? i have 2 identical venturi skimmers running on each side of the tank. ill try switching one off and see if thats the cause

dublo8
06/12/2011, 12:12 AM
It's a good start. Just turn one thing off and let the tank sit for about 10 minutes and wait for the bubbles to dissipate. If they don't it's not the cause. I'm sure you'll figure it out.