PDA

View Full Version : ID my clowns

nkkm
06/12/2011, 11:28 PM
Hi all

I have had these clowns a couple of weeks and thought I would get some help on ID. The large one was sold as a picasso clown and the small one I found in a separate area labeled as a ocellaris. The small one looked like a perc to me and had some nice markings so I tried my luck and bought the two of them. The little one instantly started submitting and they have swam and slept near each other for the last two weeks, so I am hoping i have lucked out with pairing them. The small one has started to get darker in some areas so i am wondering if its an onyx.

Can anyone help with an id?

msaleem
06/12/2011, 11:55 PM
i honestly cant help you out there but i would love to tell you, that you have a FINE example of one of the better looking clowns ive seen..

kduen
06/13/2011, 08:48 AM
They both look like Percs to me but for a definate answer post in the anemone and clownfish forum.

Toddrtrex
06/13/2011, 09:40 AM
While not 100%, the clear ring around the eyes is making me say Perc, for both.

zeeter
06/13/2011, 09:46 AM
They both look like perculas to me. And I wouldn't call them picassos; more like misbars with a slight picasso trait.

NirvanaFan
06/13/2011, 10:07 AM
While not 100%, the clear ring around the eyes is making me say Perc, for both.

I was thinking the same thing.

Phsycodelic81
06/13/2011, 10:50 AM
I beleive those to be picoso percs

cside
06/13/2011, 11:29 AM
They both look like perculas to me. And I wouldn't call them picassos; more like misbars with a slight picasso trait.

i agree with this. they are cute, but depending how they were labeled you might have paid too much.

briankmarsh1980
06/13/2011, 11:45 AM
I'm going with misbar percs as well

nkkm
06/13/2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The large one was labelled as a Picasso but my assumption that it was not a true Picasso and was $40. The little one was in with a bunch of occelaris and i was certain it was a perc and just mislabeled, it was $14. So i think i got a pretty good deal, even if i have just ended up with a pair of misbars? The fact i think they seem to have successfully paired up instantly is the major factor for me. The small one still seems to be getting darker day by day.