PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs help with ID's Hitchikers

Prairie Reef
06/13/2011, 04:03 PM
Hello - so my tank has been up with transplant live rock for a week now. I've checked with Melev's Reef and with ReefCleaner's Algae ID and I can't ID these three things. Any help? I haven't added anything. I have some actinodiscus hitchikers, some feather dusters in white tubes (not lobbed like the requested ID) and a diatom bloom going on. Any help with these things?

ID1 - this is just larger than the head of a pin and has points, not really long enough to call tentacles. Picture is blurry because it is so small.

ID2 - Orange-ish. Is obviously growing... Sponge? Algae?

ID3 - white lobed strings about as thick as a pin. It doesn't appear to move or blow around much.

cside
06/13/2011, 04:14 PM
welcome to RC! 1 is hard to tell. 2 and three are just sponges.

Prairie Reef
06/13/2011, 04:26 PM
That's terrific news. "Whew." I know that Number 1 is small and blurry - it's because the object is so small. It may be nothing. Of course I'm worried about the apitasia, but I'll not borrow problems that might not exist yet.

Thanks for the fast response!

thebkramer
06/13/2011, 04:28 PM
:bounce3: WELCOME TO RC & THE ADDICTION!! :bounce3:

1 maybe aiptasia with missing tentacles?? does it have a mouth?
I agree with cide on others :lol2:

BTW.. you cannot have links in your signature.. just an FYI :D
http://www.reefcentral.com/index.php/user-agreement

Prairie Reef
06/13/2011, 04:41 PM
thebkramer - thanks! I can't make out a "mouth" at this point - it's really too small. I'll monitor it for now.

Sorry about the sig line issue. I thought it meant that it couldn't be a COMMERCIAL URL

"An avatar or signature may not contain commercial names, graphics, logos or URLs."

- that URL is most certainly consumer not commercial - my pocket book can prove that! LOL Anyway - I can remove it if need be.