PDA

View Full Version : New Clownfish

Saadatski
06/13/2011, 07:02 PM
I got 2 clownfish on saturday and they were really healthy, and obviously i did not feed them the first day

next morning i fed them, and like usual, my three chromis ate most of it and only a little dropped for the clowns to eat, and when food went by them, they only took one pellet and let the rest drop.

i also have two powerheads, and i noticed that the pellets move in a strong current. should i shut off powerheads and then feed?

cloak
06/13/2011, 07:16 PM
I would just stick with the same routine you have now. As long as they ARE eating. Turning off the powerheads might spook them and they might not accept anything. There still new so it's going to awhile before they feel comfortable.

greech
06/13/2011, 07:17 PM
Not necessary but I do shut my pumps off simply to give the fish more time to eat before the food gets trapped in my LR, etc.

The clowns are still getting used to your tank but you may want to try some frozen mysis which will not sink so fast.

When I first started feeding pellets it took a few days for my clowns to figure out the food was on the bottom. Once they saw it move from the current they now know to hunt it down off the sand.

Also feeding and taking a few steps back helps too since fish aren't so spooked having you right on top of the tank.

Saadatski
06/13/2011, 07:22 PM
wow thanks guys

ill see if they start eating again this week, if not ill do a thorough diagnosis for any sickness

cloak
06/13/2011, 07:26 PM
You could try feeding some flake food if you want. It takes a little longer for them to settle as opposed to pellets. A different kind of "lure" I guess you could say.

ReeferBill
06/13/2011, 07:28 PM
My clowns eat frozen mysis out of my hands and snatch the dry sinking pellets so quick they hardly get a chance to hit the sand....They will learn by watching the chromis eat and will be getting to the food as well if not faster than your chromis...:dance: I love this hobby!!!:thumbsup:

Saadatski
06/13/2011, 08:14 PM
yeah i heard somewhere they are aggressive eaters

so i guess only time can solve this, ill just wait until they et more comfortable