PDA

View Full Version : Do I have room for one more fish? Suggestion?

EllisJuan
06/13/2011, 11:30 PM
I have a 65g with lots of swimming space and hiding places. Right now my stocking list is:

2 Occ Clowns
2 Firefish
1 Dwarf Flame Angel
1 Mandarin
1 Yellow Watchman w/ pistol
1 High Fin Striped Goby w/ pistol (both small)

Here is a pick of the tank for reference...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd214/TahoeDust/ee51f079.jpg

I would really like to add one more fish. If you think there is room I would love some suggestions.

Phsycodelic81
06/13/2011, 11:33 PM
1 fish inch per three gallons is a good start point but with a bigger skimmer and proper feeding more can be done

EllisJuan
06/14/2011, 01:06 AM
1 fish inch per three gallons is a good start point but with a bigger skimmer and proper feeding more can be done

I have SWC 150 BMK which should be plenty of skimmer. Any suggestions on what to add?

Phsycodelic81
06/14/2011, 05:59 AM
a six line wrase

small alien
06/14/2011, 06:48 AM
Seriously? Yes, they're pretty, but everyone says they're a pain.

Is the tank covered?

small alien
06/14/2011, 06:49 AM
Also, I think the "H" goes AFTER the "C".

Toddrtrex
06/14/2011, 08:40 AM
The "X inch per Y gallon" rule really shouldn't be used. It doesn't take into account, the body shape of the fish, the swimming style, nor how aggressive it is.

MrTuskfish
06/14/2011, 01:28 PM
The "X inch per Y gallon" rule really shouldn't be used. It doesn't take into account, the body shape of the fish, the swimming style, nor how aggressive it is.

+1 Rules like these make no sense.
You have plenty of room for another small fish or two, IMO. maybe a flasher or Fairy wrasse

snorvich
06/14/2011, 01:46 PM

Yup. A freshwater "rule" that does not fit saltwater.

EllisJuan
06/15/2011, 02:25 AM
I have decided I want to add a wrasse to my tank. I really like the looks of some of the flasher wrasses, but was talking to someone who has one today and he was complaining that it never flashes and just looks kinda blah most of the time. Can someone suggest a colorful reef safe wrasse to me? Preferably not orange one...haha.

MrTuskfish
06/15/2011, 02:21 PM
I have decided I want to add a wrasse to my tank. I really like the looks of some of the flasher wrasses, but was talking to someone who has one today and he was complaining that it never flashes and just looks kinda blah most of the time. Can someone suggest a colorful reef safe wrasse to me? Preferably not orange one...haha.

Just check "reef safe wrasse' on Liveaquaria.com.