PDA

View Full Version : Puffing White Stuff Out

windyridge
06/14/2011, 11:45 AM
Just picked up a few corals from a fellow reefcentral enthusiast. Gave them a fresh water dip and a few worms came off. Drip acclimated them and put them in my tank. The frogspawn started jetting out this white stuff in thin long strands. Then a snail on the other side of the tank started puffing the same kind of white substance presumable in response? What is this all about? I googled but only found info on spawning.

It was amazing to see this snail puffing this stuff out. All is quite now and everything looks good.

kduen
06/14/2011, 12:13 PM
I would not FW corals. Some say that you can, but a dip of SW and coral rx, Tropic Marin's Pro Coral Cure, revive something along those lines would be best. Not saying that you caused instant death or anything but it will definately put more stress on a already stressed out coral.

windyridge
06/14/2011, 12:24 PM
The corals are appear to be fine, coming out of themselves so to speak.

kduen
06/14/2011, 12:39 PM
And they may be just fine. I was just saying that there are ways to do exactly what you did with less stress and a lower possibility of something bad happening to said corals.

lacosta28
06/14/2011, 12:43 PM
My tank is strictly non-smoking. i don't want the other corals to get second hand exposure.

bnumair
06/14/2011, 01:06 PM
i agree with post earlier above on FW dips. there are dips like coral rx and revive and some other that can be used. why put Unnecessary stress on corals when u dont have to.

windyridge
06/14/2011, 01:38 PM
Ok duly noted. I will have to pick up some of that coral rx. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.