PDA

View Full Version : Question to Dwarf Lion Owners

crobattt
06/15/2011, 10:40 PM
Do your lions come out at night? For the last two nights mine has come out and i think he may be looking for food, I know wild lions hunt at night?

wsz594
06/15/2011, 11:02 PM
Right before and after the lights go out they are active, they are most active at dusky times for sure. But in the middle of the night my dwarfs hide.

crobattt
06/15/2011, 11:10 PM
Right before and after the lights go out they are active, they are most active at dusky times for sure. But in the middle of the night my dwarfs hide.

mine is coming hour about an hour after lights go off and and are still swimming now :/ I just was making sure it was normal :p

namxas
06/16/2011, 09:06 AM
As mentioned, lionfish are crepuscular hunters, so if there's any ambient light, they may or may not be active. This is a trait that can be used to your advantage when weaning them onto dead food if they prove "difficult".

crobattt
06/16/2011, 10:29 AM
As mentioned, lionfish are crepuscular hunters, so if there's any ambient light, they may or may not be active. This is a trait that can be used to your advantage when weaning them onto dead food if they prove "difficult".

Awesome idea :D!! Going to try it tonight :)!

DoubleM 10
06/16/2011, 02:40 PM
i have had my lions for a year and another for about 9 months and they swim all day for me. they know they get fed during the day not at night.

now the newer additions like my wasp and fu are still primarily nocturnal cause i havent trained them yet in that fasion. the wasp never really moves. very patient. eats frozen and it gets delivered right to him. and the fu is still on live so not even close to being fully trained