PDA

View Full Version : Fan "Off" Delay?

Typlus5
06/18/2011, 09:17 AM
Finally got everything hooked up and now fine tuning my outlets. Here's my first stumper (for me anyhow)...

I have a fan come on to keep the ballast and array cool when a section of my LEDs turn on and want the fan to continue 10 mins past or when the overall temp is above 79. I set the "min" time to stay on for the 10 mins but that also makes it "delay" 10 mins before starting when my LEDs come on.
Is there a way to have the fan come on with the lights and stay on for a prescribed time when the lights go out?

Here's how I have the fan currently set;

Fallback ON
Set OFF
If Outlet View_LEDs_2 = ON Then ON
If Temp > 79 Then ON
Min Time 010:00 Then OFF

swearint
06/18/2011, 12:36 PM
Replace the Min Time with:

Defer 10:00 Then OFF

This will cause a 10 minute delay before they turn OFF.

Todd

Typlus5
06/19/2011, 04:18 AM
Thank you "swearint". Those Apex guide paragraphs on "defer" had me. Appreciate the assist.

swearint
06/19/2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, the two are similar but slightly different. The difference is when the change takes place. Min Time works after a state change and Defer works before. So, neither actually performs the specified state change, they just delay other conditions from doing so.

I find the Min Time is easier to understand if you ignore the 'Then'. So Min Time ... OFF will hold an outlet in the OFF state for at least the specified duration after another condition has made the change. After the minimum time has elapsed, some other condition can change it back to ON.

Todd

Typlus5
06/19/2011, 04:14 PM
Again, thanks for the outstanding explanation and what you do for all of us. I (we) appreciate the assistance. Your clarification puts focus on the problem I was having. I keep reading to learn and everybodies help is working.
I'm sure I'll be asking more questions so thanks In advance!