PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update on a Mac

PotRoast
06/19/2011, 07:01 PM
If want to update my firmware using my mac. I read over how to do it, in both guides and posts from here in this forum. I installed Mono. I am about to take the plunge but I want to make sure I have my command statement right.

Here is what it says in the guides....Can someone translate this passage for me? I am cool with the process up until I read this....

Take the address close to the Apex's address and change the last octet/value in order to make the new
address for the Apex boot loader; be sure to choose an address that is not in use (changing one of the
1st 3 octets would likely leave the uploader unable to communicate with the Apex and the upload to fail).
Once you select an address to be used you will need to assign the address to the Apex boot loader's MAC
address of '0c:1d:12:e0:1f:10' (all Apex units answer to the same MAC address when running under the boot
loader).

For the Macintosh the command will look simular to the following:

SUDO arp –s c:1d:12:e0:1f:10

OK. So....

Here is a pic of my terminal session....

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/jjbrau/terminal2.jpg

1. I *think* I need to use this address 10.0.1.50 (which is my apex ip) and change the '.50' part to something else. Correct? Or not?

2. If I used the address 10.0.1.60 (or some other one) can you write for me the exact command I need to use? I am a little confused about that part.

Thanks

RussM
06/19/2011, 07:53 PM
SUDO arp -s 10.0.1.60 c:1d:12:e0:1f:10

Note the dash before the s.