PDA

View Full Version : equipment list, yay or nay?

super stooge
06/19/2011, 08:18 PM
hello everyone.

after reading a bunch, asking a bundle of questions and scribbling on the back of countless napkins ive put together a short list of equipment for my upcoming tank build. if nobody sees any problems and i get the go ahead, itll be time to make some orders :bounce3:

The tank will be a 6x2x2 180g + sump.

Skimmer
bubbleking mini 200 gen.2
lighting
5x Aqua Illumination Sol Blue LED modules
powerheads
2x tunze 6105 powerheads
controller
GHL profilux plus II ex
-Ghl 3 pump dosing unit
-salinity, temp and pH probes
heaters
3x EHEIM Jager 250w (enough?)

so what do you guys think

moondoggy4
06/19/2011, 08:29 PM
I think I want to move in, just joking Looks like a good list. . The heaters look like too many two should be great maybe use a dual Ranco temp control that will free up your plugs on the 6 energy bar.

solitude127
06/19/2011, 10:41 PM
Skimmer: What's the stocking list going to be? If going to be heavy, you may want to consider a bigger skimmer.
Heater: What's the coldest ambient temp will the room get that the tank is in?

super stooge
06/19/2011, 11:49 PM
Skimmer: What's the stocking list going to be? If going to be heavy, you may want to consider a bigger skimmer.
Heater: What's the coldest ambient temp will the room get that the tank is in?

depends on the definition of heavy. i personally dont think the stock list as it stands now is very heavy but i could be wrong. the stock list will likely end up looking "something" like this: occ clown pair, royal gramma, 1-3 mccoskers flasher wrasse, yellow tang, mandarin, firefish pair, midas blenny with POSSIBLE additions of a second small tang (not yellow), court jester goby, flame angel or anthias. The stock list hasnt been finalised and i still need to check for compatability but thats a subject for another thread :fun4:

The room that the tank will be in hasnt been built yet so i cant give you an actual temperature (ordering gear early to take advantage of the unusually high AUS dollar) but it will be in an air conditioned bedroom so temperature shouldnt get too low (Australia isnt know for its cold climate either :beachbum:)

solitude127
06/20/2011, 10:04 AM
Sounds like it's going to be good build. You definitely know how to pick equipment. With that bioload, the skimmer should handle that easily.

super stooge
06/20/2011, 07:43 PM
Sounds like it's going to be good build. You definitely know how to pick equipment. With that bioload, the skimmer should handle that easily.

na, i know how to ask questions and the fine people of this forum know how to give good advice :thumbsup:

Laith
06/21/2011, 01:54 AM
How about an ATO system?

super stooge
06/21/2011, 04:28 AM
i plan on running the ATO off the profilux using a pair of level sensors (1 optical, 1 float). i havent decided on a pump to use for the ATO or the return pump yet. im going to order them after i get my tank and sump set up so i can buy a pump that will fit my plumbing rather than fitting my plumbing to an already purchased pump (thinking of using an eheim 1262 at this stage)