PDA

View Full Version : Large Bristleworms

rcr
06/20/2011, 06:40 PM
How large is to large? captured one that 9 inches long and the size of a pencil. Is this to big?

The_Codfather
06/20/2011, 06:53 PM
what color is it.. orange or grayish?.. for the most part in this hobby they are good for the tank but some large bristleworms can be aggressive predators

noahm
06/20/2011, 07:06 PM
There is no size that matters, only species. The good ones don't have jaws no matter how big they get and are fine even if they are very large. The bad ones (some Eunicid species, fireworms etc.), are bad at any size.

Agu
06/20/2011, 07:20 PM
These are some of the good ones,

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af52/ALukk/017.jpg?t=1298769377

I have at least four or five as big as you removed (not counting the dozens of smaller ones)in a ten gallon tank. Now that's probably more than anyone needs but I target feed them because I think they're kinda cool.

AGYDAL
06/20/2011, 07:38 PM
How big is your system? The bristle worms look huge in my 14gal nano in relation to the bristle worms of the same size my 70cube...they're a good part of your clean up crew, they keep my nano spotless.

Edit: Agu, I'm sorry but the thought of target feeding them is just too gross for me...I swear all mine live on one spot of the tank, as soon as I feed my nano they all come spilling out of the rock like a car full of clowns at the circus!

Agu
06/21/2011, 09:14 PM
How big is your system? The bristle worms look huge in my 14gal nano in relation to the bristle worms of the same size my 70cube...they're a good part of your clean up crew, they keep my nano spotless.

Edit: Agu, I'm sorry but the thought of target feeding them is just too gross for me...I swear all mine live on one spot of the tank, as soon as I feed my nano they all come spilling out of the rock like a car full of clowns at the circus!

They're in a ten gallon tank. And I like your analogy, ....they all come spilling out of the rock like a car full of clowns at the circus!

:lol:

csmfish
06/22/2011, 06:22 AM
These are some of the good ones,
I have at least four or five as big as you removed (not counting the dozens of smaller ones)in a ten gallon tank. Now that's probably more than anyone needs but I target feed them because I think they're kinda cool.

Yea, that is cool. Would not mind one or two of those.

They're in a ten gallon tank. And I like your analogy,

:lol:

I thought that was funny too, lol.

Reeferjunky
06/22/2011, 12:51 PM
I just took this one out the other day took me a while to hunt it down I had seen it in my tank for months but would always hide when I tried to get it

philosophile
06/22/2011, 12:55 PM
reefer, those looks like the safe ones to me. I have a bunch in my tank with no problems so far.

GerritM
06/22/2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, your bristle worm is an harmless worm. My worm was over 20" in my tank. No problem with him all the time. Very cool to feed him.

Reeferjunky
06/22/2011, 05:12 PM
Good to know thanks but I have so many of them that I had to take some out

Dvara78
06/22/2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, your bristle worm is an harmless worm. My worm was over 20" in my tank. No problem with him all the time. Very cool to feed him.

WOW....now that's a big bristle worm.....How big is your display?

sassyfrassy
06/22/2011, 08:34 PM
hijacking - hope you don't mind. I have what looks like thousands of small bristle worms, but none ever get big. Does anyone know why?