PDA

View Full Version : black clowns and false percs are they compatible??

blackwidow07
06/21/2011, 06:15 AM
hi guys i have 2 black clowns and 1 false percs. everytime i feed them my false percs is bullying my black clowns he keep on nipping/bitting the black clowns.and one morning i saw my balck clowns dorsal fin is tear already.ive already separate the false percs.my questions is are they not compatible??what im going to do if i purchase again a false percs or other clowns??thanks guys

nemoboy1
06/21/2011, 06:32 AM
First off How big of a tank? Secondly which clowns was in the tank first? Thirdly is the black clowns a pair prior to being added or adding a new addition?

blackwidow07
06/21/2011, 06:41 AM
First off How big of a tank? Secondly which clowns was in the tank first? Thirdly is the black clowns a pair prior to being added or adding a new addition?

my tank is 75 gallons. the false percs is the first in the tank.and pair of black clowns is added in my tank. but in a couple of weeks after additions of the black clowns they are all fine. no signs of aggression's on both parties.after month i saw the false percs bullying the balck.ive already sk my friend to adopt my flase percs.i wanted to buy a new flase.wht tips can you give guys..TIA

Moonstream
06/21/2011, 08:27 AM
clowns are usually only compatible long-term in same-species pairs; in larger tanks, people can sometimes get by with keeping multiple pairs, or entire clutches, with some success, but a 75g is just far too little room for more than a single pair to be able to live peacefully. it sounds as if you have a pair of black-morph A. ocellaris, as well as a single standard-morph A. ocellaris, and the standard morph is giving the two newer black morphs trouble? and you want to swap your current standard-morph out for a different one?

if thats the case, you'll end up with a similar problem, if not one clown pushing out the others, than two pushing out one. boot the trouble maker, and let the other two live in peace. or, if you want both color morphs, boot the trouble maker and then swap one of the blacks for an orange.

blackwidow07
06/21/2011, 08:40 AM
thanks bro..its ok if i get pair of false percs?

Toddrtrex
06/21/2011, 09:21 AM
IMO/E, you should stick with just one pair of clowns. At this point, getting more will just make things worse.

BTW, what are your "black clowns", I can think of several species that could be called that. Also, "false perc" should be called an Ocellaris.

AlexS95
06/21/2011, 09:26 AM
Do your Black clowns have an orange face?

zeeter
06/21/2011, 11:46 AM
If it's a true black and white then you have all Ocellaris clowns. It sounds to me like the dominant one is the regular Occy and it's decided that one of the b&w will be it's mate. Is he picking on both B&W's or just one of them? Either way one of the fish needs to be moved. Doesn't matter which one.

blackwidow07
06/21/2011, 12:32 PM
Yes it's black ocellaris. The face is orange and black and white stripes. The false pecs is orange and white.so they are not compatible??I think he want the other black to be it's mate coz he never bully the small black. So they are not compatible??my niece are really want a nemo. Thingking to get one again. It's ok???

Toddrtrex
06/21/2011, 12:37 PM
You will want to stick with just one pair for your tank - it could be 2 B&W O's, 2 orange O's, or 1 B&W and 1 Orange -- but still only want one pair in your tank. Ideally, you would keep the largest one and the smallest one -- regardless of color.

blackwidow07
06/21/2011, 12:42 PM
You will want to stick with just one pair for your tank - it could be 2 B&W O's, 2 orange O's, or 1 B&W and 1 Orange -- but still only want one pair in your tank. Ideally, you would keep the largest one and the smallest one -- regardless of color.

Thanks bro. What type of anemone for B&W os to host??

Toddrtrex
06/21/2011, 12:58 PM
A Mag and Gig are 2 of their natural hosts, but they also happen to be 2 of the most difficult anemones to care for.

Would be better off getting an anemone that has a better track record...

What size tank?
What lights?
Do you have a sandbed?
What are your water parameters - with numbers
How long has it been set up?

blackwidow07
06/21/2011, 01:06 PM
A Mag and Gig are 2 of their natural hosts, but they also happen to be 2 of the most difficult anemones to care for.

Would be better off getting an anemone that has a better track record...

What size tank?
What lights?
Do you have a sandbed?
What are your water parameters - with numbers
How long has it been set up?

The size of the tank is 4ft in length and 18in ht. Approx 75gal. I have a sand bed and I'm using 2x150watts metal hallides. My water params are in desired level.my tank is running for. 5 months already.I think mostly avialable anemones here in PH is carpet BTA, RBTA. Most anemones are difficult to find here.

Toddrtrex
06/21/2011, 01:09 PM
Would like to know the numbers behind "desired levels"

"carpets" is too broad of a term, do you know what species?

With the info given, I would think an E. Quadricolor (( BTA )) would be the best bet.

zeeter
06/22/2011, 09:53 AM
yeah almost everything will host with the BTA, even if it's not a natural host. The carpets in general are good stingers and a ritteri always leaves a little rash when you touch it. At least mine does. BTA's are pretty hardy and just about everything accepts them.