PDA

View Full Version : many issues

Gamepro_inc
06/24/2011, 03:03 PM
Ok so I set up all my outlets on my new apex lite. Now im trying to setup my network and here are my problems. First know that I have a macbook laptop and airport extreme router.

1) setting up my email I did as the new userguide said and registered on GMX.com put all my info into the network configuration for the apex and tried to send a test email and nothing it never even makes it to the GMX mail much less my hotmail (I have it forwarded to there).

2) setting up my IP address I did as the userguide said and setup my DYNDNS host site problem is it says after putting in your IP address and host name you will download software but that never happens for me I never get any request to download anything. I activated my account but it ended there

Are these Mac issues or am I just an idiot?

aquamanic
06/24/2011, 05:39 PM
re your email, post your email configuration so we can look at it.

re your DynDNS account, you have to download the updater software from the support page and it depends on OS. For a Mac, try this

http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/mac.html

RussM
06/24/2011, 05:58 PM
Edited - Alan beat me to it

LOTUS50GOD
06/24/2011, 10:19 PM
I have an airport extreme too..
What I did was set my apex to manual ip and set my router to only give IP addresses up to 200.
Then I mapped the ip in the port table to an ip above 200
The way my internal ip address will never change.

Gamepro_inc
06/27/2011, 08:57 AM
OK I will download that one for Mac thanks here is my email setup

AquaController email setup
Email enable --- Enabled
SMTP Server --- mail.gmx.com
SMTP port (Default 25) --- 587
To: address --- paulaffron@hotmail.com
Alt To: address --- my cell with areacode@txt.att.net
Re-email delay (minutes) --- 60
Email authentication --- Enabled
User name--- paulaffron@gmx.com
User password --- *******
Email test--- YES

aquamanic
06/27/2011, 10:15 AM
Just a point of clarification. The way you have email configured, it's not going to send to GMX then GMX forward to HOTMAIL. It will use the GMX mail server but send directly to HOTMAIL. So you should not see anything in GMX but you should see it in Hotmail.

Your email params look fine. Can you post your network params? Also, there's a way to put email into debug mode using Telnet. It's documented in the User Guide. If you run that and post the text at the end where the error message should be, it will help troubleshoot.

Gamepro_inc
06/27/2011, 11:03 AM
Got thanks I just got off the phone with Neptune and it was going to junk email (duh) I feel like a retard! Also my network is fixed and all is well. My port 80 was blocked.

Hey can someone look at this code for my skimmer I want the skimmer to shut off if temp is above 81. but I only want the skimmer on from 0945-20:30 but I also want it to respond to feed timers it is doing all that but it is staying on constantly. Its in my guest bedroom and the skimmer is loud so I dont want it on all the time.

Fallback OFF
If Temp > 81.0 Then OFF
If Time 09:45 to 20:30 Then ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

Thanks

RussM
06/27/2011, 11:21 AM
Change the order of statements, otherwise the If Time will override the If Temp, and you need the opposite. You also need a Set OFF.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 09:45 to 20:30 Then ON
If Temp > 81.0 Then OFF
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

Gamepro_inc
06/27/2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks that will do it.

Gamepro_inc
06/27/2011, 06:32 PM
Ok one more I have one powerhead so no need for multiple switching of powerheads in a small tank. It does the off/on function but its not responding to feed timers it just stays on. Here is the code.

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/005:00/005:00 Then ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

aquamanic
06/27/2011, 07:02 PM
Check your FeedA duration (set separately). Perhaps it's so short as to appear it's not working. Your code is fine.