PDA

View Full Version : Brown skim slime in nano cube ?

bowhunter42
06/26/2011, 06:27 PM
I have a 24 gal. Nano cube that has been up and running now for about 4 months , I do regular water changes and am running carbon and live rock in the filter , after a few days of doing a water change and until I do another one I get a brown skim slime on the surface ? All my parameters are checking ok but want to get rid of this ? I put my hand or arm in the tank and it's covered with this slime ? Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it ? Don't have a whole lot of circulation in the tank but not sure if more would get rid of this ?
Thanks

moondoggy4
06/28/2011, 10:16 AM
You will have to do more water changes an figure out how to put a GFO in the tank or get a reactor for it. When you do a water change use a glass to scoop out the bad water on top,siphoning just get the better water from the bottom.

reeftivo
06/28/2011, 03:45 PM
get a power head or stream pump (koralia's are cheap) and put it about 6" beneath the water level and aim it upwards to keep the surface agitated. You dont mention any algae problems so I assume it's protein laden film. If so surface agitation should definately help.