PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Aquaripure Nitrate filters?

highfyre
06/28/2011, 02:56 PM
Has any one tried the Aquaripure Nitrate Filter? I have had some moderate issues with red slime algae that I have pretty much kicked but would like to see it totally eraticated and my overall water quality improved. I would be interested in this if I thought it was worth it. Has anyone used this nitrate filter??

doctorgori
06/28/2011, 06:38 PM
Do a search here on ths forum, that'll tell you all you need to know about what this crowd thinks of that product

I'd advise just getting a bucket of salt for $45 and save your cheeze (or tray any number of other proven nitrate reduction strategies as re-told here on RC, do some searches on DSB, ATS, vodka dosing, bio-pellets, et)

...but if you really wanna spend your $$ on short cutting it, try this:
http://www.aquabellaorganics.com/buy-now
...and report back here on how it worked out for ya...

Best wishes...

OceanNut
06/28/2011, 06:50 PM
How did you "kick" it?

If you found and ID'd the cause just rinse and repeat.

highfyre
06/28/2011, 08:52 PM
Water changes are what turned it around..of corse!!! But Im not real sure where the outbreak came from in the first place. I had new RODI filters, good skimmer, and I really don't over feed. I got a little lazy with the water changes but not terrible. Anyway, back to good water changes and regular dosing again to keep things more stable and its seemed to have turned the corner. I just want a crystal clear tank again with no cyano! So I thought something like this might help. Maybe not worth the extra moola!!!