PDA

View Full Version : Copper band in reef

Haddonisreef
06/29/2011, 06:11 AM
Who has 1 and whats your experence w/ them? need a aptasia killer and thinking about adding 1! THANKS

snorvich
06/29/2011, 05:56 PM
They may or may not eat aiptasia. They may or may not be reef safe. In fact they may or may not eat at all. Most tempting to them is live blackworms. Or you could get lucky. Y M M V

acronaut
06/29/2011, 06:05 PM
+1 ^^^ I'm one of the lucky ones. I have had one in my reef for about 8months now. I have an sps dominant tank with 8 clams. I have yet to have the first problem with mine. He was hard to get to eat at first and with all the flow in my tank he had a hard time with eye, mouth coordination lol I ended up starting to finger feed him. Now that's the only way he eats lol. I feed him a nice chunk of pe mysis once a night and he is fat and happy. He did clean up my aptasia in 36hrs, but like said before u never know what your getting.g. I have seen threads where cbb are killing clams and lps but I guess I have just been real lucky :) if u do want one b sure to do the research they have special requirements and u should b ready to house one b4 buying one.

snorvich
06/29/2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, you did get lucky. You have to finger feed him?

bosko
06/29/2011, 08:22 PM
i have cbb in my reef tank. fish took out about 100 aptaisa in a week. i see him hitting my turbo snails now. but great fish.