PDA

View Full Version : New 10g ideas and questions

JTrem94
06/29/2011, 07:39 AM
Hello guys! I am sad to inform you all that I will be breaking down my 55 gallon mixed reef. I'm starting my senior year and just will not have the time for it. So I will be setting up a standard 10 gallon nano aquarium and transferring over my watchmen goby, frags of my corals, and some few year old, very mature, LR and live sand. So I have 2 questions for you guys!

#1 is, that I wont have much room so was wondering if I could mix both carbon and some type of GFO or Rowa-phos in the same reactor? I just wont have room for even a duel reactor and I know it would be possible with bags but what if I just pored them both into one single reactor such as a Phosban reactor?

#2 is, I'm looking for a good skimmer that won't break the bank. Ive looked at the AquaC Remora hang on backs, And the nano one looks good but would it be enough? and I've seen lots of people use the normal AcuaC hang on back for even 30g's but it says the tank must be at least 22" in height and the standard 10g is only 13" in height. Any ideas?

I appreciate all the input you guys will give me!!!!